SandRite is a xanthan gum produced by bacterial fermentation or synthetically. Its primary function is to increase gel strength of the drilling fluid, thus suspending the cuttings in the hole for easier removal. It will also increase the fluids viscosity aiding in proper hole cleaning. This or similar products are used in extended gel or extra high yield gel (bentonite) provided by various mud companies.
• Easily dispersed in drilling fluids
• Enhances gel strength with little increase of viscosity
• Performs well in fresh and saltwater
• Transports larger cuttings, gravel and cobble easily on long bores
• Improves PV/YP
• Strengthens filter cake and improves bore stability
Adding 1/8 lb of this product along with API 90 bentonite to 100 gallons of water will give almost identical properties as the “high yield / extended gels”.
Assure PH is 9-9.5 with Soda Ash. Then slowly add ¼ lbs. SandRite per 100 gallons of fluid until desired viscosity or gel strength is reached.
Shipped 5 - 25 lb. units